Many lawyers hold themselves out as experts in the representation of catastrophically injured people, but few truly have the experience and resources to effectively represent such victims. Paul Lauricella and Slade McLaughlin have successfully prosecuted record-setting cases on behalf of injured individuals.
We represent victims who have suffered catastrophic brain injuries, severe burns, paralysis, spinal cord injuries, loss of vision and hearing, stroke, amputation and other life-altering traumas as a result of auto, truck, train, and vehicle accidents, property negligence, machinery and industrial accidents, and more.
The law firm of McLaughlin & Lauricella is a nationally recognized law firm and consistently ranked “Best Lawyers” by peers and industry. Slade, Paul, and the Firm’s team of attorneys are ranked by many as the best personal injury lawyers in the region. Slade and Paul are setting record verdicts for their clients.
Slade and Paul are among the most successful catastrophic injury lawyers in Pennsylvania, having secured eight figure verdicts and settlements for their clients. For those who have suffered catastrophic injury in New Jersey, contact our team of legal professionals in our New Jersey office.
Slade and Paul have successfully represented claimants who have suffered catastrophic injuries in a variety of contexts.
- Permanent neurologic injury such as cerebral palsy occurring as a result of obstetrical failure to promptly deliver an asphyxiated baby.
- Stroke as a consequence of improperly administered anesthesia.
- Amputation as a result of work-site accidents.
- Brain injury caused by improperly performed surgical and cardiologic procedures.
- Stroke caused by physician failure to recognize airway compromise.
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia caused by defective automobile design or negligent medical care.
- Traumatic injuries caused by automobile accidents or other vehicles and machinery.
- Paralysis caused by physician failure to recognize spinal cord compromise.
- Encephalopathy caused by obstetric failure to take precautions where the mother had been exposed to herpes virus.
- Blindness caused by unnecessary or improperly performed surgery.
- Sever burn injury.
- Deafness caused by excessive antibiotic exposure.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) as a result of compression injuries or surgical mishaps.
These injuries can occur as a result of different circumstances:
- Traffic accidents.
- Work-place accidents.
- Near drownings.
- Playground or school accidents.
- Medical malpractice.
- Improper product design.
- Slipping and falling.