New Jersey Catastrophic Injury Attorneys | Serious Personal Injury
Suffering a catastrophic injury can often be difficult because the injuries are frequently severe, and have a long-term impact on the victim’s overall health and quality of life. Those same difficulties also can also create a strain on the victim’s family. As New Jersey catastrophic injury lawyers with decades of accident and personal injury trial experience, we have witnessed and participated in the outcomes of these events.
- How Long Do I Have to Bring a Lawsuit?
- When To Contact a Lawyer? (Part II)
- Lawsuits and Insurance Companies | Attorneys Make a Difference
Specialists in New Jersey Catastrophic Injury Law
Those who have suffered catastrophic injuries in New Jersey are not without protection. Under New Jersey personal injury law, victims of catastrophic injuries may recover compensation from the wrongdoer who caused their injuries. That compensation can include items such as medical care and rehabilitation, lost wages, as well as payment for the pain and suffering that may have resulted from the injury.
Many New Jersey lawyers hold themselves out as experts in the representation of catastrophically injured people, but few truly have the experience and resources necessary to effectively represent those victims.
The personal injury lawyers at McLaughlin & Lauricella have a history of successfully prosecuting catastrophic injury cases in New Jersey.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury in New Jersey?
Generally, catastrophic injuries are those that cause severe debilitation, or permanent injury requiring life-long care. Some examples of those injuries include:
- Permanent neurologic injury such as cerebral palsy occurring as a result of a doctor’s failure to promptly deliver an oxygen-deprived baby;
- Stroke or other brain injury as a consequence of improperly administered anesthesia;
- Amputation as a result of work-site accidents;
- Brain injury caused by improperly performed surgical and cardiac procedures;
- Stroke caused by physician failure to recognize airway compromise;
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia caused by defective automobile design or negligent medical care;
- Traumatic injuries caused by automobile accidents;
- Paralysis caused by physician failure to recognize spinal cord compromise;
- Severe burn injuries;
- Blindness caused by unnecessary or improperly performed surgery; or
- Deafness caused by excessive antibiotic exposure; and
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) as a result of compression injuries or surgical mishaps.
These injuries can occur as a result of different circumstances such as traffic accidents, work-place accidents, near drownings, playground or school accidents, medical malpractice, improper product design, or even simply slipping and falling.
New Jersey Personal Injury Law Statute of Limitations or Time Limits
Victims of a New Jersey catastrophic injury generally have two years after they knew, or should reasonably have known, that they have suffered an injury to file a lawsuit in a New Jersey Court. In the event that a minor is injured, the minor has until age 20 to file a lawsuit. In the tragic event that a patient dies, whether the patient is an adult or a minor, any lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of death.
Our attorneys represent catastrophically injured clients across New Jersey. Ranked by many as two of the best personal injury lawyers in the region, Slade McLaughlin and Paul Lauricella are setting record verdicts for their clients.
The Accident & Injury Attorneys Who Make a Difference
The attorneys at McLaughlin & Lauricella, P.C. have decades of experience handling New Jersey catastrophic injury cases and they can put that experience to work for you with aggressive representation of your legal rights, in, and out of the courtroom.
The Firm’s attorneys represent victims and their families in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The McLaughlin & Lauricella team has the experience, resources, and skills necessary to get you the compensation that you deserve. If you or a loved one has suffered an accident or injury, you should reach out to the best personal injury lawyers to protect your legal rights. Please call us at 215-568-1510 or contact us by email to see how we can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.